Operations During COVID-19
During these trying times, we want to let you know that the FORCE America’s spirit remains strong and it is our intention to continue to stay open to serve our valuable customers and suppliers, and provide you an update on our response to the COVID outbreak. Our first priority is to keep our employee owners, customers, service providers and our communities safe in facing this crisis. Within each state, orders have been issued to protect communities across the country. The US Department of Homeland Security has provided Guidance on who the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers are, and they have a special responsibility in these times to continue operations.
At FORCE America, we manufacture, provide parts and service for several of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforces:
- Food and Agriculture: OEMs, COOPS, and Farms critical to the production and distribution of our nation’s food supply, especially during the fast approaching planting season
- Energy: OEMs and Utilities for maintaining our nation’s power distribution system
- Transportation and Logistics: Truck Equipment and Fleet Owners to maintain the nation’s supplies by truck, including tow and recovery for emergency roadside services
- Public Works:
- Municipal Agencies providing road clearing and winter maintenance
- Municipal, Private Fleets & OEMs providing effective removal, storage and disposal of residential and commercial solid & hazardous waste.
In order to continue to remain in operation while providing a safe environment and slowing the spread of COVID-19, FORCE America has taken the following steps:
Educated all employees on the key things they can do personally such as vigorous handwashing, social distancing, staying home when sick, avoid touching face and covering coughs and sneezes.
Offered to all employees whose job function can permit them to work from home to take advantage of this opportunity. We have provided the necessary hardware and training to continue to serve customers while safely at home.
For job functions that require our employees to be on site, we’ve taken several steps to provide as safe environment to include:
- Split shifts at applicable locations to reduce the number of employees on site at any time.
- Separated shift changes to prevent overlap and congestion of employees.
- Aggressively sanitize the environment throughout the day and between shifts.
- Stock all locations with hand-washing signage, soap, hand-sanitizers and disinfectants.
- Modified the work environment to maintain a distance of six (6) feet between employees at all times.
- Postponed all in-person meetings and non-essential business travel.
- Established freight handling procedures to eliminate any direct contact between freight carrier personnel and FORCE America personnel.
- Maintained consistent communication with all employees as to the status of the outbreak to ensure our team is fully informed.
As we remain here to support you, know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, your companies and your families, as we all get through this together… and we will.
Chairman & CEO
FORCE America Inc.
Our Brand Family includes: Atlanta Powertrain, Mobile Equipment Systems, PreCise MRM and VariTech Industries.